[Healeys] Water Pump BN1

Bert Van Brande bertvanbrande at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 10 14:28:15 MDT 2014

Hi Steven,

The pump is most probably leaking from the pump-seal that has worn
out, not the gasket.  There is a slot on the underside of the casting where
water can get out if it goes past the seal.   Since the pump seems out of the
car it might be harder now to investigate this but there could be tell-tale
visible signs like moisture, scale or rust around this opening.

Pump can be
rebuild with modern pump seals, there is a tutorial online if you're inclined
to DIY.  It's in a giant pile of articles on the 100 on John Simm's website, I
can locate it if you're interested.  Alternatively of course you can replace
the pump.  Gasket is still available from AHspares and probably others.
Bert