[Healeys] low oil pressure

Patrick & Caroline Quinn p_cquinn at tpg.com.au
Tue Mar 4 21:06:57 MST 2014

G'day

I had the exact same problem with the BJ8 that I bought into the US. Plus
when I rebuilt the C-series engine of the BN3 I made sure that this part was
also rebuilt.

The low oil pressure in the BJ8 was fixed by fitting another set of rocker
gear. And with the BN3 I had a new rocker shaft fitted along with new rocker
bushes.

While the rest of a C-series engine might be in excellent condition unless
the rocker shaft is also in good condition the oil pressure will be low and
oil will probably squirt everywhere under the cover.

Hoo Roo

Patrick Quinn
Blue Mountains, Australia