[Healeys] low oil pressure

healeymanjim at hansencc.net healeymanjim at hansencc.net
Tue Mar 4 20:54:46 MST 2014

guy in our club has a BT7 we just got on the road after 8 years or so of sitting in the garage.  he drove it to a meeting last sunday and on the way home his oil pressure dropped to near zero while freeway cruising.  he says it has never got above 43 psisi even when cold.  i tested it with a guage i have that i know is correct and it only went to 43 when cold and about 15 when hot.  while adjusting valves i noticed oil spraying out of the banjo nut.  we repaired that and i assumed we had fixed the oil pressure problem, but no go.  still 43 psi max.  engine really purrs and does not seem to be worn out.  any ideas of what problem could be.  we are going to drop pan next week if cannot find answer sooner.