[Healeys] FW: Taillight lenses

Familie Willig willig at wtnet.de
Tue Mar 4 03:26:44 MST 2014

First rule: DONT use a screwdriver or any metal Tool when installing the
lenses and the ring! I still have to repaint my left  rear Wing :-((

The easy way to install everything is as following:
1. install the lens with the help of a little plastic or wooden spatula.
2. take a piece of rope or flexible electric cable and, with the help of the
spatula, press the rope in the gap between the outer rubber - the one that
holds the chrome ring- and the lens rubber. let the rope overlap by 1/2". You
will notice that the outer rubber is spread outwards now.
3. Now take the chrome ring and press it firmly against the rubber. Without
releasing the pressure on the ring pull the rope gently out.

It might take some exercise to do it right the first time, but of you managed
the skill, changing lightbulbes will loose its horrors.

Good luck

Thomas Willig

> Am 03.03.2014 um 15:43 schrieb "Charlie Schott" <schottc at knology.net>:
>
> Is there something special I need to do in order to get the taillight lenses
and chrome ring into the rubber holder? Thanks.