[Healeys] Smitty Speedo cable

Earl Kagna kags at shaw.ca
Mon Jun 9 09:37:18 MDT 2014

Ira:

You need a hybrid speedo cable - Smiths top end, Toyota bottom end.  I
simply had one made up - the one supplied with the Smitty kit was not even
close in length.

Yes - the plastic fan will flex forward quite a bit at high RPM's - you'll
screw the radiator up real quick.  Try moving the radiator all the way
forward - the top will slide  in the mounting slots, the bottom needs
spacers (or a washer stack) to move the radiator mounting brackets forward
on the cross member - try for about 1/2 inch at the bottom.  You may have to
fiddle with the bottom hose a bit to do all this - make sure that it's clear
of the frame cross member.

Earl Kagna
Victoria, B.C.
BJ8, BT7 tri-carb