[Healeys] What year?

HealeyRick healeyrik at gmail.com
Sun Jun 8 17:40:46 MDT 2014

For U.S. manufactured cars, it was pretty easy to figure out with annual
model year changes.  The manufacturing plants shut down in early August for
retooling and the new model for the next year  was introduced in September.
The new models were delivered under wraps to the dealer and I still
remember riding on my bike to go "around back" at the dealer to get a sneak
peak at the the models.  The "foreign cars' didn't have the sales advantage
of an annual model change, usually going 2-4 years between model changes.
So if an import dealer had an unsold '62 BJ7 in stock that looked exactly
like a 64 BJ7, it was going to be sold and titled as a '64.  i saw this
interesting Ford sales books that explained the ins and outs of import
sales to the dealers that were taking British sports car trades in on the
new Mustangs:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1965-Ford-Mustang-Import-Brochure-VW-Austin-Healey-wo1433-Z6DE1W-/370769885140?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item56539b77d4