[Healeys] What year?

healeyguy at aol.com healeyguy at aol.com
Mon Jun 2 06:33:38 MDT 2014

It would seem that production breaks or changes in Austin Healey models varied greatly during production. Although I donbt have a lot of info to really verify that assumption. Perhaps the registry folk have the best info on that..  I believe the November 1964 build date would be near the beginning of what we would normally think of as the production year and therefor be referred to as a 1965 model.  The Phase 2 BJ8 rolled out in May of 1964 so that was a significant change early in the calendar year. Whether you can call the car a 64 or 65 also may have to do with when the car was first sold. In many US states the date first sold is the criteria used to ID the car.

Aloha

Perry

Sent from Windows Mail