[Healeys] oil vent filter

Oudesluys coudesluijs at chello.nl
Wed Jul 2 14:38:40 MDT 2014

You need some kind of oil barrier. This usually set up using some baffle
plates and a membrane valve, while the valve vents to the carbs. There
may be some baffle plates in the valve cover but on the pipe on the
valve cover there should normally be a largish valve (ca. 2-3") with a
disc held by a spring on top, perhaps your car will have a different
arrangement.
The vent can be fitted to one or all K&N covers bij drilling a hole and
fit a suitable nipple.
Kees Oudesluijs

I Erbs schreef op 2-7-2014 18:32:
> Howdy all,
>   I put a K&N vent filter on the T pipe on top of my valve cover. I have
> expereinced a lot of oil mist condensation all over the engine bay. Good
> news, nothing will rust, bad news I have oil all over the engine bay. Is
> this due to high crankcase pressure or is this a normal, negative
> consequence? The filter looks great, but the oil is a  major issue. I have
> aftermarket K&N filters with no hose nipple to attach to the air filter. Am
> I special or have other dealt with this issue?
> Ira Erbs
> IT Teacher
> and Consultant
> Portland, OR

Money may not buy happiness, but I'd rather cry in a Jaguar than on a