[Healeys] Alum. door panel

Earl Kagna kags at shaw.ca
Fri Jan 31 17:05:06 MST 2014

Rich - are you referring to the gap between the carpeted top of the door
sill and the horizontal part of the top flange on the trim plate?  On my BJ8
(I recently did all this trimmimg), the gap was approx. 1/4 inch at the
front of the plate tapering to slightly less at the rear, with the original
carpet in place.  The replacement sill piece was almost identical - that gap
is the same.  I've heard of some people sticking a thin wood strip in there
to give the plate a bit more support - I didn't bother, but may still do it,
with plastic rather than wood - moisture in a British sports car, you know!
The whole area is not seen when the inner trim plate is installed correctly.

I can try to get some photos of the area if you think it will help you.

Earl Kagna
Victoria, B.C.
BJ8, BT7 tri-carb