[Healeys] 54-spoke wheel

Jonas Payne jpaynepbr at cox.net
Tue Jan 28 08:23:53 MST 2014

Morgan used an "electron" bell +4 housing/torque tube from the 20's through
the late 60's.

I have had several opportunities to repair the clutch throwout mechanisms in
these cars, which often necessitates some drilling or cutting of the
"electron".

I couldn't tell you the chemical makeup for sure, but I do know that the
metal is very hard, and that when you drill it, the shavings burst into
flames, sort of like a 4th of july sparkler.  Cutting oil helps, but it is
still an interesting experience.

Not sure that such a small percentage of magnesium would impart such
properties.

Jonas Payne
PBR Consulting Services, LLC
702.882.6711