[Healeys] 48-spoke wheel width

Patrick & Caroline Quinn p_cquinn at tpg.com.au
Mon Jan 27 15:51:37 MST 2014

G'day

I am happy to be proven incorrect.

Many years ago not long after I bought my first 100 I applied for a CAMS
(Confederation of Australian Motorsport) log book. I had to fill in a form
and everything had to be measured etc. The wheels fitted to that car (now in
the UK) were 5 1/2 J x 15 and they were 48 spoke. I know as I used to break
quite a few of them.

Comparing books, the only one that actually states 4.5in for the BN2 is the
Graham Robson publication Austin-Healey 100 & 3000 Series. Unlike many book
writers Graham accepts additional information and incorporates it in
reprints. He was most accepting when I told him about the BN3.

Now I am quite content to sit in the corner with the Robson book and look at
photos of my 'new' Healey Duncan Sports Saloon.

Hoo Roo

Patrick Quinn
Blue Mountains, Australia (where it's sunny and warm and I have just
attended to the chooks and ducks)