[Healeys] Door shut faces and some Moss parts problems

Healey Bruce healeybruce at roadrunner.com
Sat Jan 25 18:14:46 MST 2014

I just received a set of door shut faces for my BN7, which I ordered from
Little British Car Company.  By the stickers on the pieces, they look to be
sourced from AH Spares.  My question is if it is typical to have to trim
them to fit?  I was surprised to find that the horizontal piece is about =
or more too long and the vertical is about 1 too long.

I also got the Moss lower radiator hose, but the distance from the end of
the hose to the center of the heater branch is on 1 >.  Moss says in its
note on the product (www.mossmotors.com/graphics/products/PDF/570-085.pdf)
that this universal hose will fit all 3 dimensions.  But it also says the
distance from the end to the center of the branch must be 2 = to 3.  I
find it odd that Moss hose fails to meet the specs they state is necessary.
Has anyone else had this issue?  Where can I get a hose that fits?

Similarly, I ordered the Moss steel braided flex fuel hose (BN7) and found
it about 7/8 too short.

Ive emailed Jeff at LBCCo about these issues, and he has always been great
to work withhe just replaced 2 other defective parts sourced from Moss as
part of my interior redobut Im wondering what the list knows about other
sources for these hoses.

Thanks.

Bruce

Brea, CA