[Healeys] Weber manifold related queries

Chris Dimmock austin.healey at gmail.com
Wed Jan 15 06:04:23 MST 2014

Hi Simon,
Here are my thoughts...
1. I think you mean a balance pipe, which is typically only required when one
carb feeds more than one cylinder.
Triple webers are effectively one throat, via one runner, per cylinder.
Therefore no balance pipe is required. I have never seen a triple weber
manifold for a 6 cylinder engine that has balance pipes between the individual
manifold runners
2. I don't think it matters. Again, most weber manifolds have one hole for
vacuum. Use the one off your SU manifold.
Bonus answer 3.... Before you ask..
You can't have vacuum advance if you have a Lucas distributor with triple
webers, so don't worry about connecting that up....
Best
Chris

Sent from my iPhone