[Healeys] Weber manifold related queries

Oudesluys coudesluijs at chello.nl
Wed Jan 15 03:38:24 MST 2014

I prefer not to have balancing pipes/tubes on Webers/DellOrto's etc. The
charm is to have in fact six individual carbs, one for each cylinder.
The two barrels of each carb are not balanced ether. It would be a shame
to upset that with balancing pipes. Also balancing pipes will make
tuning a lot more difficult as the carbs will influence one another when
setting up. It is much easier to set up each carb/barrel individually as
you can fine tune it for that particular cylinder without a disturbance
from other factors.
The internal diameter for the vacuum servo does not need to be big, 4 mm
is fine. Use a non collapsible hose though!!
Kees Oudesluijs
NL