[Healeys] Starter Question

Tom Felts tomfelts at windstream.net
Wed Jan 15 05:51:25 MST 2014

Speaking of an original starter---I have one sitting on the shelf doing nothing but looking good.  No point of keeping it---anyone interested contact me off list.

tom
---- I Erbs <eyera3000 at gmail.com> wrote:

=============
My oem starter was not very reliable. I had to rebuild it after 35 years

Ira Erbs
IT Educator and Consultant
Portland, OR.

Sent from my mobile phone. What you get may not be what I typed.
On Jan 14, 2014 10:25 AM, <warthodson at aol.com> wrote:

> I think it really boils down to whether or not you are interested in
> keeping
> you car original or not.  If it is correctly (professionally?) rebuilt it
> should be very reliable. If originality is not important to you then
> obviously
> the gear reduction starter is probably cheaper & quicker.
> Gary H.
>

> On Jan 13, 2014, at 5:13 PM, Mike Tobin wrote:
>
> > Got the starter apart as part the take the whole thing a part and star
> over
> > BT7 project.  The wrapping on one of the field coils is gone and the
> > attached brush is just dangling.  Guessing I need to do more than just
> > solder on a new brush (they're all just nubs).  Do I get the coils
> > re-wrapped (where)?  Is it worth it?  I'm thinking of just using this as
> > the excuse to get a gear-reduction starter.
> > Cheers,
> > Mike Tobin

> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/healeys/eyera3000@gmail.com
Suggested annual donation  $12.75