[Healeys] BJ8 Gearbox Removal

Michael Salter michaelsalter at gmail.com
Sun Jan 12 19:29:28 MST 2014

Easy as Patrick.
Use a fan belt around the rear yoke to save your fingers and a piece of 4 x
2 under the sump and gearbox to support the bell housing as you pull them
apart.
I would also recommend removing the plastic throttle bearing from the
manifold so it doesn't get broken and don't forget to turn the battery off
so that all the smoke doesn't leak out when the bell housing hits the
starter solenoid...
Should be able to knock it over before morning tea mate.

Michael S
BN1 #174

--
All wisdom is plagiarism; only stupidity is original.