[Healeys] Start up after rebuild

David Porter frogeye at porterscustom.com
Mon Jan 6 07:28:03 MST 2014

The dog gear will be "out of correct factory" position if the driving dog
doesn't match with the receiver end of the distributor. They are off set and
in theory can't be miss-aligned. It's the driving gear that can be inserted
"out of time" However, so long as the rotor points to the right wire at the
right time it can be in several positions.. The rotation of the dist. may
hit the block (vacuum pot) and thus the "factory" position.
 With the Pertronix unit, check that the spark is seen at or very near TDC.
Hold the high tension lead near a ground, rotate crank slowly until spark is
noted, then check the TDC marks..
Dave

frogeye at porterscustom.com

Porter Customs   2909 Arno NE