[Healeys] BN4 overdrive re-assembly

David Porter frogeye at porterscustom.com
Thu Feb 27 12:55:03 MST 2014

The late Doug Reid had what he called the wire trick, where a piece of wire
12-14 gauge is threaded thorough the drain plug and used to hold the pump
cam in a compressed state. It's a bit fiddly, but works ok.
Dave

frogeye at porterscustom.com

Porter Customs   2909 Arno NE
Albuquerque, NM USA 87107
505-352-1378
Porter Custom Bicycles

gallery:
http://picasaweb.google.com/porterscustombicycles/PorterCustomBicyclesStuff

GO HERE: http://porterbikes.com/  nice pictures-fun facts-my world

Hello all -

I have put new seals in my gearbox out of my BN4.  I removed the
OD to replace the seals in between and now I am putting the two back
together.
 The overdrive seams to line up fine and slide onto the mainshaft okay but
when it gets about 1/2 inch away from seating, it stops.  I am sure that it
is
the OD pump thats hanging it up, and I have reassembled an MGB OD to the
gearbox successfully before so I know it can be tricky, however, this one is
very stubborn.  Am I missing something?  Thanks

Darin Graber