[Healeys] 2 small holes in boot floor

Chris Dimmock austin.healey at gmail.com
Thu Feb 20 03:39:43 MST 2014

Hey Richard,
You'll probably get a few sensible answers, but I reckon it's to drain the
excess buildup of liquids etc in the boot, which accumulate due to things like
the leaky boot seal.... An over charged battery... an overfilled gas tank or
leaky sender unit.... Or punctured, un-restrained, previously full beer cans
rolling around etc.
So It's another BMC anti rust initiative. Not as sophisticated as the constant
engine lubrication system (with auxiliary gearbox backup) that stops the
chassis X member from rusting, but ultimately serving a similar purpose back
in the day when these were daily drivers.....
;-)
Best
Chris

Sent from my iPhone