[Healeys] BN2 Ignition Switch

Greg Lemon glemon at neb.rr.com
Thu Feb 13 20:16:12 MST 2014

" Tightening the nut against fresh paint is just
asking for trouble "

Even after paint is dry to the touch and seems very well set it still
remains plastic and will deform over time with pressure, if you don't want
to squish it out of the way and make ridge or wave in the paint (admittedly
not very noticeable with the switch in place, but still objectionable if you
are working to a high standard)

I am not sure on the switch on the BN2, but on most Lucas switchgear I have
worked with there is a nut on the back that can be used to adjust the amount
it sticks out in front (so, for instance, you can make the ignition key
surface flush with the threaded chrome ring that holds it on).

I believe the proper way to secure this type of switch is to make the front
flush as mentioned above, then tighten the nut on the back to clamp it down
tight (at least less risk to the paint or other finish on the dash that way)

Greg Lemon