[Healeys] Replacing perspex in hardtop

Derek Job derek.c.job at gmail.com
Thu Feb 13 01:31:52 MST 2014

Thanks Per.

I forgot to mention that when I was at AH Spares they told me that all the
perspex screens are deliberately made slightly too large so will need to be
trimmed. Obviously it helps if you have the old one to use as a template. The
reason they do this is because all hardtops were slightly different so they
want to ensure that it can be fitted to all.

Derek
On 12 Feb 2014, at 22:35, Per Schoerner <per at schoerner.se> wrote:

> Derek
> I did this last year. I had a window made locally, which means I had to trim
it to fit myself. Anyway, no aluminium has to be removed, just remove the
locking seal, then the window and rubbers should go out fairly easy. Mine did
anyway, almost fell out of itself.
> Then install the rubber seals and the window in it. Your window is already
trimmed I suppose, so you don't have to do that. It should go in fairly easy.
I used an old screw driver I had made smooth to pry the rubber seal over the
aluminium edge when I needed a tool, otherwise I just used my hands. Then
install the locking strip.
> Before wind screen were glued in place, say in the 70's and before that,
wind screens (and rear windows) were installed using a length of thin ropeto
force the rubber seal over the steel edge in the window opening, no need to do
that here.