[Healeys] Replacing perspex in hardtop

Per Schoerner per at schoerner.se
Wed Feb 12 15:35:36 MST 2014

Derek
I did this last year. I had a window made locally, which means I had to
trim it to fit myself. Anyway, no aluminium has to be removed, just
remove the locking seal, then the window and rubbers should go out
fairly easy. Mine did anyway, almost fell out of itself.
Then install the rubber seals and the window in it. Your window is
already trimmed I suppose, so you don't have to do that. It should go in
fairly easy. I used an old screw driver I had made smooth to pry the
rubber seal over the aluminium edge when I needed a tool, otherwise I
just used my hands. Then install the locking strip.
Before wind screen were glued in place, say in the 70's and before that,
wind screens (and rear windows) were installed using a length of thin
ropeto force the rubber seal over the steel edge in the window opening,
no need to do that here.

Per