[Healeys] restore original equipment steering wheel

Tom Felts tomfelts at windstream.net
Fri Feb 7 06:16:50 MST 2014

Rebuild water pumps???  LOL------at least it is something to do.

tom

---- michaelsalter at gmail.com wrote:

=============
With a LOT of patience and time you can actually restore an original wheel
yourself. With advice from Bob Yule, Jean Caron and others I have almost
finished the restoration of the original wheel for #174, reproductions of
which are not available.

As recommended I dissolved chips of the rim from a scrap wheel in acetone and
used the paste that this produced to build up the missing sections.

The process is very slow and must be done carefully to prevent voids in the
applied material. Lots of sanding and filing is required.

I have painted the finished product with 10 thin coats of epoxy and now have
to refinish the hub in black crackle paint to complete the project.

I have about 60 hours in the job but what else are you going to do during a
Canadian winter!!!!

Michael S

BN1 #174