[Healeys] 3000 front crank oil slinger

Wilko2 e-wilkins at cox.net
Sun Feb 2 16:47:03 MST 2014

I have that issue that I still can't figure with mine. I bought the ProRace
aftermarket damper, and it does not align with the pulley on the water pump,
and the gears and damper don't "bottom out" on anything.

Everyone is saying their Prorace dampers fit just fine, but no-go here.

Wilko

On Feb 2, 2014, at 3:39 PM, Per Schoerner wrote:

> Ken
> The crankshaft has the same diameter all the way for the camshaft gear,
centrifugal washer and fanbelt pulley, and everything is held in place by the
big nut, and the wudruff key of course. Are you saying someone has machined
your crankshaft to a smaller diameter for the damper?

> Per
>
> goldengt at cal.net skrev 2014-02-03 00:02:
>> I see that the front oil slinger has not been engaged with the crankshaft
key. I think the combination of aftermarket vibration damper and a previous
key way repair has left a gap such that the damper does not contact the
slinger. I think I should add a washer between the gear and the slinger such
that the damper will bottom out on the slinger instead of the nose of the
crank shaft. When I first dissasembled things, the slinger notch was about at
90 degrees to the key.