[Healeys] Fan

Michael Oritt michael.oritt at gmail.com
Wed Dec 31 10:39:03 MST 2014

At one time I had a plastic flex fan on my 100.  Initially the car's
cooling ability seemed better but after a year or two i began to experience
more problems coping with heat, esp. in traffic.  I had already fit the
usual upgrades (new radiator, etc) and so I was a bit baffled.

Eventually I removed the fan and when I placed it on a flat surface I saw
that it had taken a concave set (when viewed from the front), I assume from
all the flexing--and no doubt this had degraded the fan's ability to pull
air through the rad.

I discarded the plastic fan and put on a metal flex fan.  To be sure it is
noisier but it does a much better job.

Best to all for 23015--Michael Oritt