[Healeys] texas cooler

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Wed Dec 31 08:14:58 MST 2014

Generally, I agree. BUT ... the spin-on oil filter adapter is a major time/effort saver. The original
Purolator/Tecalemit units are a PITA to change, and I always worry I didn't do it right and the filter is getting
blocked or bypassed. Of course, you can bolt up the old contraption in no time if you're overcome with purism.

And, I'm sold on Pertronix--engines run better with them and, of course, they save time/effort too. My dad and I have 5
classic cars between us; all got Pertronix Ignitors. We don't have to futz with points and there's usually something
else that needs to be done on them.

At times, I've had 3 cars to maintain. Anything that sames time and hassle, and arguably improves the car's performance,
is good by me. Agree on the alternator/generator.

Bob

Bob Spidell           San Jose, CA            bspidell at comcast.net