[Healeys] Regarding tires

Michael Salter michaelsalter at gmail.com
Tue Dec 30 07:46:45 MST 2014

After searching for a long time I finally decided to purchase these tires
for daily use on #174.
http://tinyurl.com/qcqdu2p
Even with these mounted on 60 spoke wheels I don't expect to be doing much
in the way of "aggressive" ​driving and it looks as though these will fit
into the spare wheel pocket without having to resort to Michael O's
"enlargement" process.
They are only about 1/2" smaller in diameter than the original Dunlop RS5
​which is a considerable improvement over most of the alternatives.
I have a set of the repro RS5s on the early type 48 spoke wheels but they
are totally scary on anything but dry pavement and will only be used for
shows; with the tiny amount of grip those things generate I can see why 48
spoke wheels were considered adequate...

Michael S
BN1 #174
--
*​I now have rebuild kits for all 6cyl water pumps..​*