[Healeys] Stainless competition valves

Michael Salter michaelsalter at gmail.com
Wed Dec 10 12:48:47 MST 2014

Hi Andy,
Before making a decision on the material for your guides I would recommend
reading this:
http://www.netbug.net/blogmichael/?p=384
You may get away with it but, you may not.
Unfortunately the consequences of a valve seizing in a guide can be
catastrophic and I see no good reason for taking the risk when cast iron is
a perfectly satisfactory material for valve guides which will provide years
of service without the risk of seizure.

Michael S
BN1 #174

--
*If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.*