[Healeys] Oil pressure

Darin Graber dkgraber85 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 1 19:11:53 MST 2014

Hello to the group -
I am putting a '57 100-6 back together. B I did not rebuild the motor as the
compression was good and the engine ran well before I tore the car down for
rust repair. B It did sit for about a year and the only work I did do on the
engine itself was resealing and painting the block during this time. B I did
rebuild the carbs, dizzy, and converted it to neg ground with an alternator.
After installing the brand new harness, the engine just wants to spring to
life - problem is I have no oil pressure showing at the gauge. B I am going
through the checklist and can't seem to crack this one. B
I figured that sitting for this amount of time would have allowed the oil to
completely drain out of the pump, and I have taken out the oil pressure relief
valve and pour some oil in as per something I read online. B Is this even a
possibility?
Anyway, any info or suggestions would be very helpful. B Thanks!
Darin GraberBN4L-O-42288