[Healeys] Starters

Michael michael.salter at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 10:30:26 MDT 2014

Hi Fred,
You have received lots of good advice but perhaps I can add one more
suggestion.
Clip one lead of a digital volt meter onto the terminal stud of the starter
and the other to the bolt where the ground strap attaches to the frame.
Operate the starter and check that you get at least 9 VDC as the engine
cranks.
More than 9 and the starter is slow means the starter is bad or the engine is
tight.
Less than 9 you have a battery, master switch, solenoid or cabling problem.
Michael S
BN1 #174