[Healeys] Starters

Oudesluys coudesluijs at chello.nl
Tue Aug 19 10:09:25 MDT 2014

Check the battery terminals, earth strap first. Than check the contacts
of the starter relay. After that check/renew the brushes and skim the
commuter or have the starter rebuilt.
Also apply a drop of oil regularly on the bearings (who does?).
Gear reduction starters sounds like a good idea initially but I hear a
lot of stories about mediocre durability. Anyway the old starters did a
good job for 45+ years so why change.
Kees Oudesluijs