[Healeys] Early 100 Handbrake.

Michael Salter michaelsalter at gmail.com
Tue Apr 29 09:30:45 MDT 2014

Cars built during 1953 had a different handbrake, ratchet plate and
attaching screws from the later cars.
It seems that these cars did not have the distance pieces used on later
cars to space the brake ratchet plate out from the mounting position on the
tunnel.
Unfortunately the handbrake lever and ratchet plate had been removed from
#174 when I got the car and although a lever and ratchet plate were loose
in the boxes of parts supplied with the car I'm not convinced that they are
the correct ones.
Does anyone have a "known correct" pre chassis C 149903 hand brake, ratchet
plate and screws that they could send photos of so I can check this?
Many thanks.

Michael S
BN1 #174