[Healeys] Essential Buyers Guide ?

E.A. Driver edriver at sasktel.net
Wed Apr 23 22:49:51 MDT 2014

Is it truly wise to purchase  another Healey book  which claims
to be an essential buyers guide.  Several books have covered this topic
extremely well;
Newton's (1984) "Illustrated Austin-Healey Buyer's Guide followed by a
very good revision
in 1994, these provide an excellent basis for considering which model of
Healey to purchase.
Support of Newton's books is provided by an informative discussion in
Austin-Healey
100 & 3000 Series by Graham Robson (1994).  For those on the List who
are members
of AHCUSA and who receive AHCUSA "Resource Book", they are treated to an
excellent overview of recent pricing of all models which includes an
very good
description of evaluation of condition.  Over the past two years (and
actually longer) the "Magazine" of
the AHCUSA has provided members (and their friends) with a series of
articles on
Healey valuation, options, and auction results. These past two years has
seen articles from:  R. Rabold
from Hagerty Price Guide; Gary Anderson  (of Anderson and Moment fame);
Dave Ketchen;
and finally  Keith Martin (publisher of the Sports Car Market
Magazine).  These articles are current
with excellent advice and information on the potential purchase of a
Healey in today's climate.

E.A. Driver