[Healeys] Extra choke lever on HD8s...What is this?

richard mayor mayorrichard at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 19 21:22:37 MDT 2014

I recently bought a pair of HD8s for an Austin Healey on eBay.  Each one has
an extra choke lever on the bottom just like the HD6 carb s from earlier
3000s. I'm not complaining. I connected the two levers with a rod and clevis
just like the earlier cars.  I will use a single choke cable, and I will
locate the pull  under the windshield wiper motor mounting bracket.  The cable
will loop over an around to the front of the inner fender and point directly
back to the front carb.  It is a very clean installation, and out of sight.  I
like this a lot more than the two cables coming off the firewall that the BJ8s
have.

Does anyone know anything about this type of HD8 that has extra choke levers
on the lower side?