[Healeys] Vacuum take-off on Weber manifolds.

Oudesluys coudesluijs at chello.nl
Fri Apr 18 10:29:59 MDT 2014

Double barrel Webers and DellOrto's generally do not use a vacuum
advance or retard system, so the the distributor used with these carbs
is a Lucas 23D or 43D, the ones without the vacuum capsule. The advance
at idle is usually initially set at around 10-12 degrees BTDC, but one
should play around a bit to get the best setting. The advance curve
depends on the level of tuning of the engine.
You need a vacuum take off for the brake servo. Usually done from one
carb but you could make up a sort of balance pipe, but make sure that
you have restrictors in those as not to have influence from one carb to
the other. Webers/DellOrto's and similar normally do not have balance
pipes fitted. You have to set them up very accurately individually.

Kees Oudesluijs
NL