[Healeys] wheel balancing

Tom Felts tomfelts at windstream.net
Tue Apr 8 10:10:02 MDT 2014

FWIW, my "scuttle shake" never left completely until I did the "scuttle shake" mod.  Since doing that, balancing the drums and proper wheel balance, I have no shake and it is a real pleasure.

tom
65 BJ8

---- Ge <gaagten at gmail.com> wrote:

=============
Hello,
I had the same problem with my BJ8. I have tried everything eg Balancing the
wheels on the car, electronic balancing. No result. The shake was always
there at 50-60. Then a friend of mine said to use his bubble balancer. He
took all the lead of from the electronic balancing.  Much lees lead was
needed with the bubble balancer. Result: still a little shake.
Then the brake drums were balanced, one needed 120 grs the other 180 grs .
Result: shake almost gone.  I bought 2 second hand drums and ckecked them
with the bubble balancer both were almost zero grs
I did not put them on my car but I am almost sure that the shake will be
gone.

Regards,
Ge Aagten
BJ8