[Healeys] Drum balancing

HealeyRick healeyrick at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 7 06:26:18 MDT 2014

Add another vote for balancing. I don't remember reading of anyone who had the
drums balanced that found they weren't out of balance to some degree and most
of them by quite a bit. Another satisfied customer of Allen Hendrix and I
found it very convenient to use one of those rubbermaid style storage
containers for shipping. They are strong enough to hold the heavy drums
through the rigors of being tossed around by the boys in brown.  I went to
extremes to eliminate scuttle shake and had Allen shave and balance my
Michelins when he mounted them on my 72-spoke Daytons.  When I did the V8
swap, I had the steel reinforcements installed in the transmission doghouse.
It was a shotgun approach, but I don't have scuttle shake anymore.

Rick
"Madman in a death machine"
Follow My Nasty Boy Build:
http://tinyurl.com/yj52fwo