[Healeys] Horn puzzle

john spaur jmsdarch at sbcglobal.net
Sat Apr 5 16:31:53 MDT 2014

I have a problem with one horn that works intermittently. I measure
12+ volts at the two leads but the horn does not sound off like the
other one. The horn body does not need to be grounded in order for it to work.

Could the problem be the point inside the horn are sticking?

Does anyone know what type of rivet is used to attach the two halves
together and where to get them?

I think I should rebuild the horns to obtain maximum decibel output.

There are so many rude drivers out there that get in my way when I am
driving aggressively. I really need to make sure my horns are working
well. My finger is getting sore. :-)

John
'62 BT7