[Healeys] HEAT SHIELDS

John Vrugtman javrugtman at htcnet.org
Wed Apr 2 10:03:04 MDT 2014

I use aluminum cut to the pattern of the heat shields spaced out with
ceramic spacers and polished where they are readily visible. On the
footwell and silencer shields I add this stuff
http://www.thermotec.com/products/13500-adhesive-backed-heat-barrier.html.
<http://www.thermotec.com/products/13500-adhesive-backed-heat-barrier.html>
A better reflector, and over the silencer, using al allows you to extend
the edges down to cover the sill, like the new Moss item, which used
expensive and heavy stainless steel.  Al sheet can be had from the
highway department scrap bins, if you know someone who works there.

John
64/66 BJ8s