[Healeys] Adjustable Armstrongg Shocks

HealeyRick healeyrick at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 29 05:44:33 MDT 2013

Hi Josef,

I am more familiar with their use on Sprites than big Healeys.
They were fitted to the original works bugeye Sebring cars.  The BMC
Mechanical Service Parts  List for the MK I and MK II Sprites had a page of
"Special Tuning" parts which included the adjustable shocks. When BL was
cleaning out their spares in the early '80s, they sent out a clearance sheet
of Special Tuning parts to their dealers and I ordered a pair of the
adjustables from the local MG dealer.  Only one came in and I eventually found
another one at AH Spares from Fred Draper.  Today, they are extremely rare and
I have seen them sell for $1,000 a pair.  Peter Caldwell at
www.nosimports.com  can rebuild them and I understand he has some Armstrong
information sheets concerning them.  Peter also makes his own version of an
adjustable shock, but it does not look like the originals and is not period
correct.

Rick

"Madman in a death machine"
Follow My Nasty Boy Build: