[Healeys] Adjustable Armstrongg Shocks

Patrick & Caroline Quinn p_cquinn at tpg.com.au
Tue Oct 29 01:32:33 MDT 2013

G'day Josef

I know that they were fitted as standard equipment to all BN3/1s.

They are a standard Armstrong lever arm rear shock with an undulating turn
knob in place of the valve screw. By turning the knob the valve goes in and
out which adjusts the strength of the shock absorber action.

As far as I know they were fitted to the Works Rally cars. At the front
there was upgraded lever arm Armstrongs, but each one had a brake pipe and
reservoir to keep the shock oil up as the oil used to boil and leak past the
seals.

Hoo Roo

Patrick Quinn
Blue Mountains, Australia (where it's raining)