[Healeys] Brake Fluid

Marvin James britcrs at gmail.com
Sat Oct 12 08:29:44 MDT 2013

I had a jar of 50/50 DOT 4 and DOT 5 on my workbench for years.
Periodically I would shake it up and the 2 would form a cloudy mix. They
would then separate with no apparent chemical interaction. No sign of any
jelly-like stuff. The purple dye from the DOT 5 did migrate to the DOT 4.

As for availability, Castrol no longer makes LMA. They sell the same stuff
but it is labeled Castrol DOT4.