[Healeys] Poor running and smoking engine.

Oudesluys coudesluijs at chello.nl
Fri Oct 4 02:53:24 MDT 2013

Probably contaminated fuel, possibly diesel in the petrol. It is not
unknown that reclaimed diesel that has been tanked by accident instead
of petrol is mixed with petrol by some petrol stations. No one would
notice if  e.g. 10% diesel is mixed with petrol. Perhaps the petrol
station overdid it a bit. In the 1950's/60's big US cars were often
converted to run on paraffin in the Netherlands, which apparently was a
very simple job. Paraffin was only a fraction of the costs of petrol.
However it is not a good idea for relatively small engines.
Kees Oudesluijs