[Healeys] Subject: Re: Brake hoses

Oudesluys coudesluijs at chello.nl
Fri May 31 11:43:31 MDT 2013

I am really shocked to see that people wait until the brake hoses are in
an appalling condition before they replace them. These are safety items
that should be thoroughly checked each year. Original style rubber hoses
do not last long. They can perish within 5 years. Hoses as old as over
50 years can be lethal. Whenever there are defects visible, even very
small cracks, replace them immediately. They are easy to replace and
they are cheap at less than $100 for a full set of stainless steel
braided PTFE lines from e.g. Goodridge.
Kees Oudesluijs
NL