[Healeys] BN2 Flooding Problem

Bob Spidell bspidell at comcast.net
Sun Mar 31 17:17:18 MDT 2013

We're on our second fuel tank.  My dad sandblasted the tank prior to painting, and we did get some sand contamination
but we've cleaned the tank, lines and float bowls thoroughly.  Also, we had flooding with the previous tank, which we
had to replace due to a hole in the pickup tube causing fuel pump fibrillation.  Fuel pump is stock SU and behaving
normally, except during flooding when it runs on (that's usually how we know it's flooding).

The vent idea is intriguing.  Since it's a 100M the float bowls are vented into the cold air box, and are not
interchangeable. It's always the front carb that floods--if the vent tube is plugged could that cause flooding?   How?

Bob

Bob Spidell           San Jose, CA            bspidell at comcast.net