[Healeys] Battery isolation switch - curious

Alan Seigrist healey.nut at gmail.com
Sat Mar 23 07:29:13 MDT 2013

Hi John -

A couple years ago I deconstructed the A90 Parts list to find all the
screws, bolts, nuts and washers for my BE2.  this allowed me to catch this
nomenclature irregularity.  I now recall it wasn't a bolt, but  locknut
oddity:

If you go to Rear Axle page 6, with Reference to Plate item EB3, you will
see Part 7H 4462 - Nuts, 5/16 ANF for steady posts

then...

If you got to Front Suspension Page 5, you will see A90 (BE2) - Steady Post
/ Locknuts, 5/16" BSF .... Part No. 7H 4462 ....again!

Is it an error?  Or just using the same Part Number for different thread
standard?

I am sure there were some very angry mechanics in the day!

Best,

Alan