[Healeys] Battery isolation switch - curious

Alan Seigrist healey.nut at gmail.com
Tue Mar 19 00:29:23 MDT 2013

BMC and Austin parts numbers often didn't change if the effective function
and mounting didn't change.  In the case with the switch, I believe the
only difference is the length of the knob.

For my '51 Austin Atlantic, in one or two instances it uses the same part
number for a 1/4" BSF bolt and a 1/4" UNF bolt, and the only way you would
know the difference is to look in the parts book where it actually
specifies 1/4" UNF bolt in the parts description , just for that one use of
the part number.

Of course, I always defer to John Harper on this type of thing!

Best,

Alan