[Healeys] Setting fuel level in float bowls

Jose Vicente Vargas jvvmusme at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 16 19:49:44 MDT 2013

Springs uncompressed
In resting position

Sent from my iPad

On 16/03/2013, at 7:52 p.m., Bob Spidell <bspidell at comcast.net> wrote:

> We're trying to set the fuel level in the float bowls of our BN2. I know the
procedure--716" drill bit, etc.--but one thing I'm not sure about. The needles
have small spring 'bumpers' inside that are probably there to damp float
oscillations. Should the correct float height be set with the springs in the
needles compressed, or not? I say with the springs uncompressed, since the
valves seal at that point and the springs should just provide a cushion.;, my
dad thinks the height should be set with the springs compressed.

> I have Grose Jets in my BJ8 so this is not an issue, but we haven't had much
luck with the Grose Jets in the BN2.