[Healeys] Setting fuel level in float bowls

Greg Lemon glemon at neb.rr.com
Sat Mar 16 19:38:12 MDT 2013

Bob,  suspect you are right, if it seals at that point then that should set
the level right, also suspect the car would run fine on either setting or
somewhere in between.  as I recall the second test or proof of correct float
setting it to pull the dashpot and needle after the car has been running,
and the fuel level should be slightly below to top of the jet, one online
source I read says "slightly" below, I don't know if the manual has a spec,
but 1/8" or so comes to mind.

In my experience with various SU carbed cars over the years including my old
100, slight differences in float level have not made a difference that I
could tell anyway in operating characteristics, as long as it is "somewhere
slightly below the level of the jet" but I set them to factory spec as best
I can anyway, YMMV, Greg Lemon