[Healeys] Brakes squeeling

Don Joy britcar1 at msn.com
Sun Jun 30 17:13:39 MDT 2013

I had terrible squealing problems with the brakes on my '67 BJ8 until a
British shop here in town told me to try some  pads made by TRW.  They are
part number GDB 541 and says for Austin Healey, Morgan, and Morgan Plus on the
box.  They also have Lucas on the box.  Since then I have had no problems with
squealing.

Don Joy
Yakima, WA

> Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2013 11:50:11 -0700
> From: joan_yow at yahoo.com
> To: healeys at autox.team.net
> Subject: [Healeys] Brakes squeeling
>
> Hi Healey friends - just returned from Conclave, managed to scare many
Healey drivers and lots of Canadians, every touch of the brakes produced long
squeels. Had the sounds before, replaced the pads with ones recommended,
installed shims, nothing seems to work, Mike Salter had rebuilt the calipers
so I am sure they are fine. Suggestions?? Frank Yow BT7